Herbs are preferable to hot, spicy flavorings, which speed the absorption rate in digestive processes. This causes increased sensitivity. However, dried herbs are moldy and should be avoided by people with mold or yeast sensitivity. Should you crave gourmet cookery or seasoned dishes, here’s an easy solution for herbal preparation:
- Grow your own organically or buy them in health food stores in quantity.
- Remove the leaves from the stems, or keep stems if good.
- Wash, dry, and put them in the freezer uncovered.
- From time to time, run a spatula through them to avoid sticking.
- When totally frozen, place in a glass jar or cellophane bag.
If you're short on space, and you aren't sensitive to plastic (though avoiding plastic is preferable), put herbs into a plastic bag and pull out a few when needed.